Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Beginning

I guess it’s proper blogiquette (blog & etiquette creative right?) to start with a background story.

I’ve never been fit. Grade school to high school I didn’t play many sports and just kind of chilled out and ate. It wasn’t until College where I decided to try and make some changes. That’s when I got me a gym membership and started rocking “healthy eating”, which of course was low fat, eating every 3 hours and crushing protein shakes.

At my peak I was at 169. But this was not an easy task, it involved the gym every day, a food diary, and lots of skinless chicken and broccoli. I think I kept that for maybe a summer, but once I settled into a cushy office job a year later I was sitting at 185. So for the past year I’ve been going to the gym almost every day, subscribing to mainstream fitness and eating, and being average, not overly fat but definitely not in peak physical shape.

Then I got my big break, or little break I guess. I was out wakeboarding took an awkward bail and snapped my 5th metatarsal bone in my right foot. Now I’m screwed, if I have to go to the gym daily to sit at 185, 5-8 weeks without it is going to kill me. In an effort to stave off my gut and help heal faster I started looking up different diets and such. I stumbled upon Intermittent Fasting, and was intrigued. Eat as healthy as I could 6 days a week and one day I’d fast for 24 hours. I did 3 fasts in the first two weeks, and low and behold the fasts were not only easy but they seemed to help me lose weight. Naturally I kept digging and that’s when I landed on Marks Daily Apple, an amazing website all about Primal eating.

After a couple days perusing the site, and reading countless pages of research it made sense. Now here I am, week 4 into my break, with four weeks of Intermittent Fasting and two weeks of Primal eating I feel fantastic, and now I’m going to do my best informing people about the Primal Lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment