Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What Diet Are You On?

A question I've recieved numerous times already.
It's funny how diet oriented society is these days. Nobody can just be eating a normal lifestyle. Or if they are normal these days is crushing hamburgers and fries or a bag of chips.

The more I read about the health benefits of Primal eating the less cravings I have for starches and sugars. And yet when you point people to websites and documentaries talking about the evils of those things the first thing you hear is "Oh I can't live without bread".

I guess you just have to live your life for yourself. It is funny though when I cook up a giant steak or fry up some bacon and eggs in coconut oil and people give me a look and say "I thought you were on a diet".
Maybe it's just me but cutting some veggies and cracking a few eggs seems more appealing to me these days than putting some cardboard tray in a microwave for 5 minutes.

One more day till I goto the Docs to see about my foot. I can not wait to be able to go for a walk or a bike ride or anything more physical than hoping around on one foot.
Also my first order of business is buying a dehydrator and than I can hop on the jerky train!

No comments:

Post a Comment