Monday, August 24, 2009

Steak Dinners and Primal Living

I now have two solid weeks under my belt and I’m feeling great. I went to The Keg for dinner, and nothing is better than a giant steak and steamed vegetables. I also discovered a weird thing, usually when a restaurant would bring out some pre meal bread I would crush at least half of it. But Saturday when they brought it out I didn’t even think twice about eating it. It’s weirdly liberating to not be under the tyranny of constant hunger pains. (that sentence conjurs up images of a piece of bread in a Fidel Castro get up smoking a cigar.... or maybe that's just me)

I woke up Sunday morning and cruised until 3pm without the need or really the desire for food. I even was able to sit beside friends eating chips and popcorn while we were watching a movie and not have an urge to reach over and grab a handful.

I think there’s something to be said about intermittent fasting. It seems to help you gain insight on when you’re truly hungry. Since I’ve started doing one 24 hour fast a week, I’ve noticed the gut wrenching hunger I used to experience become a thing of the past.

My only problem now seems to be that I’m becoming a little preachy on the subject of Primal living. Although in my defence it’s only after people question why I’m not digging into the bread or ordering a twice baked potato. I’m thinking Christmas presents this year should be The Primal Blueprint and the Fat Head documentary.

And if anyone got a chance to go to the Blink 182 concert last night, I hope you were as impressed as I was. Love ‘em or Hate ‘em they put on a damn good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment