Friday, August 28, 2009

Broken Foot Joys

Four more weeks. Awesome, I recommend never breaking a bone in your foot.
The pros are at least I'm in a sweet aircast so I can take it off to shower and sleep. Garbage bagging a cast to have a shower is something I will not miss.

I made a wicked steak stirfry last night (recipe here). The most impressive thing about it is I actually made eggplant that was edible. I've tried a couple times before but could never stomach eggplant. I think this will make me look into some eggplant recipes and see if I can't make some interesting things.

The other nice thing about a removable cast is I can actually step on my scale and see my bodyweight. And I'm actually crazy impressed, my measurements last night were 170lbs and 16.8% bodyfat which is pretty impressive considering I was 185lbs and 20% 5 weeks ago. So according to my math (which could be a little off). Of the 15lbs I lost 7 of those were muscle, which when you have a leg that's been immobile for 5 weeks, that seems a little understandable. Those 7lbs are probably from just my leg which is now super tiny, literally it's half the size of my left leg.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to do a little upper body weights, see if I can't help prevent more muscle loss, it's going to be a long 4 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment